It’s winter time, and I wanted to make a delicious dessert. With the snow falling, I thought I should make snowman cupcakes!They are easy to make and to decorate. You could even make the cupcake batter out of box mix. You can either do vanilla or chocolate cupcakes. I decided to do vanilla cupcakes since I like them better. Let us get started!
1 ½ cups all- purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
2 large eggs, at room temperature
⅔ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup milk
½ cup butter, at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
¼ whole milk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Mini Chocolate chips
Heath bar chips
First I’m going to make the vanilla cupcakes. This recipe is from Food network. If you want more recipes from them be sure to visit their website.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line one 12-cup standard muffin tin.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes. While beating, gradually pour the butter and then the vanilla.
4.While mixing slowly, add half the dry ingredients. Then add all the milk and follow with the rest of the dry ingredients. Take care not to overmix the batter. Divide the batter evenly into the prepared tin.
5.Bake until a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, rotating the tin about halfway through, 18 to 20 minutes.Cool the cupcakes on a rack in the tin for 10 minutes, and then remove from the tin.
While letting the cupcakes cool I made the vanilla frosting. I got the recipe from Food network. Be sure to check out their website for other delicious recipes.
1.In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter until light and smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
Now, that you made the frosting and let the cupcakes cool.It is time for my favorite part decorating. Check out One little project they have great ideas for baking. All of their recipes easy and use box mixes, and are fun to do.
1.Spread a generous amount of frosting on top of the cupcake. I used the vanilla frosting that we just made, but you can also you can.Make sure to cover the whole cupcake.If you used chocolate be sure you cannot see it. Don’t worry about smoothing out the icing – the coconut will cover it.
2.Fill a small bowl with coconut.
3. Holding the bottom of the cupcake, gently press it down into the coconut and rock it back and forth in all directions until the icing is completely covered. You’ll want to press just hard enough that the sugar sticks to the icing and it sort of smooths out any of the lines you had from icing it. When you pull it off, it should be all flat with a consistent texture.
4.Take a mini chocolate chip and gently press it into the center of the cupcake.
5.Then use mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth.
6. Use heath bar chips for the nose.
7.You’re done! Enjoy!
If you do not want to make cupcakes you can also make cookies. Check out this link to make snowman cookies.
For the recipe, you could use coarse sugar instead of coconut. Instead of all chocolate chips, you could use a butterscotch chip for the nose.